Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Finally, the countdown may begin...

I am going to borrow an idea from GOC, TCIDNN. For those long time readers of GOC know at that stands for. For those that don't, THE COMPANY I DARE NOT NAME. Who knows, may be some day I will finally reveal who they are.

After being on third shift for the past six years for TCIDNN, I am going to switch to first shift. I finally earned enough seniority to make the move. I am really looking forward to it. I will be able to spend more time with my wife and kids. Right now, I see them for few hours in the morning, and breifly in the evening. What really got me was about two months ago.

Five years ago, Mrs B was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. After trying different treatments and medication, her doctor opted for surgery. They performed a Small Bowel Resection. Yeah doesn't sound pretty. She was in for a week. She is doing a lot better know. She is able to eat what ever she wants. Still medicated though. It is an attempt to keep it in remission. Good luck babe.

With her in the hospital, I used the FMLA. All this does is protect your job. Basically, take the time you need off and it doesn't count against you. If you want to get paid, goodbye vacation and sick time. Still trying to recoup in those departments. I had very little in both by the time I went back. I was sick two weeks ago and still went to work for only six hours for two nights. That was rough.

Day shift is going to going to be a whole new world. I have a little idea of what to expect, but still going in guarded. I will be bitching, oops I mean blogging all about it. There are a few people I don't know if I can work with, but I am going to make the best of it. I am not going back to third shift. April 23 is my first day. There will probably not be much at first, but I am sure it will build into some good rants.

No comments: